Nornen Guildforum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nornen Guildforum

Please all register at our new forum! (click here)
you can still reply to old topics here but cant open new threads!
thx

I will transfer important posts soon :)

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  <br><br>  Log inLog in  <br><br>  UthgardUthgard  HeraldHerald  MotogMotog  AllyAlly  Beta-ForumBeta-Forum  

Set-up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nordri
>>>Worship here<<<
Nordri

Number of posts : 97
Chars : Nordri(darkRM), Austri(Paci), Ymir(Warrior), Metal Skald, Ucant SeeMe(Critblade), Aifur(supBD)
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Set-up   Set-up Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 5:11 pm

grp setup is one more important point

as said in the first thought topic im pretty sure that me (dark rm), bow hunter and some tank would be enough for the messengers.

main grp
maybe 6 tanks, healer, shamy
or like 5 tanks, healer, healer, shamy

i didnt operate on the new dragon itself once so i dont really know about the dealt damage and stuff.
maybe somebody else got more particular ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nornen.6x.to
pantal00n
m8-r5
pantal00n

Number of posts : 53
Chars : Fulmor/Marvolo/Curri/ Pavane/Morgaile/Murk
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set-up   Set-up Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:15 pm

The dragon goes for 700+ damage each hit, on level 51 chain armor.

You will never be able to cover that huge amount with just two or three supporter in the main group.
Shaman RR5 is almost a must, Healers need to have PR and we might need a full Pacification Healer for PoM5.
We should Never have less then 3 Healers and 1 Shaman in the main group.
Further, we need a Warrior or maybe a Savage as MainTank. Thane or Skald might also work, but its only another handicap.

Going for the messenger group, I doubt you will be able to cover all spawning messenger with jsut a Darkness Runemaster, Hunter and Tank. Also Shaman and Healer needed.
Last time i participated on the DR, there were spawning about five or six of them in brief time. It's going to be very hard for the messenger group then.
Back to top Go down
Nordri
>>>Worship here<<<
Nordri

Chars : Nordri(darkRM), Austri(Paci), Ymir(Warrior), Metal Skald, Ucant SeeMe(Critblade), Aifur(supBD)

Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set-up   Set-up Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:02 pm

well on the last raid we had to handle max. 2 messengers at a time and thats all i can say about it for now... we'll see tonight^^

addition:
at this DR i stood near the platform and instant-pulled the messengers again max was 3 a time and i just missed 2 or 3 cuz sometimes i cant click on some for any reason (i click on them and dont get them as target^^) so with a bow hunter, a skald and a supp this should be fine i think
Back to top Go down
Esme

Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set-up   Set-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:23 am

i am not a raidleader and dont want to be a smartass^^ but i joined the raids over 50 times so maybe i can give you some helpfull hints and help out a little with what i know concerning the dragon raid.

the main group should have at least 4 healers (aug/mend) , 2 shamis (rr5 is really nice but it can be done without ,as we prooved last week ^^ ) and 2 tanks (bersi/savage as mt and warrior or skald with aotg2)

whats really important is, that only the supporters in the tank grp spam SMALL heals on the maintank (1.because of mana,2. because of heal aggro )
and dont forget to bring looots of mana pots and some campfires^^

a very important resi is cold i am not sure about the rest since he stunns and throws flames so i just always buff all resis (cant hurt^^ )

i imagine from the previous raids you joined you know that only the mt should use taunt styles.if he goes down (usually 2 hits from the dragon), the spare tank taunts.
and as soon the mt is buffed/healed he should get the aggro back (even with rezz sickness).
cause if the dragon switches aggro to much, he seems to start picking random victims.
we also noticed that if the spare tank puts away his weapon (not even detaunt) the mt gets back the aggro faster.
so always make sure that the mt keeps the aggro as much as possible.

in case a tank goes down ,its a good idea if you have selected prior to the raid: one supporter to rezz,another to buff,one to heal and the rest keep spamming heals on the tank who has the aggro.

stares ^^ well i think its not really the stares wich cause these nice wipes Cool
its ppl not watching the chat good enough.
it is really hard for the supporters too keep an eye on the hp of the tanks,the mana bar ect. and whatch the chat for stares.
so make sure that all are in teamspeak even if its just to listen and hear someone yelling the name to run^^
cause these stares sometimes come faster then ppl can type and not seldom very fast in a row.

for me the stares show unter "say" messages so i highlight them red during the raid and turn off all other messages exept group and bg chat. it really helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
Nordri
>>>Worship here<<<
Nordri

Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set-up   Set-up Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:27 pm

tyvm!

if there will be a raid someday this will help alot =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Set-up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Set-up   Set-up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Set-up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Nornen Guildforum :: Other stuff for puplic access :: Dragonraids-
Jump to: